AP-5181 Motorola access point
Extend high performance wireless voice and data services beyond and between buildings — without the expense of installing additional cable or fiber. Designed for use in the harshest environments, the AP-5181 Outdoor Access Point offers the cost-effective, secure and safe extension of the corporate network in outdoor areas, such as expansive yards, as well as in the hazardous environments commonly found in the petrochemical, oil and gas, utilities industries. Support for wireless mesh enables the connection of two wired networks, simplifying the creation of complex multi-node, multi-link networks. Reduce your network costs yet expand your network reach — with Motorola’s AP-5181 Outdoor Access Point.
- Designed to withstand wind, rain, and extreme temperatures.
- Operates in temperatures from -30° C to 55° C (-22° F to 131° F).
- Self-assembling, self-healing nodes automatically establish wireless links between APs; install nodes wherever there is power, without installing cable or fiber.
- Simultaneous support of 802.11a/b/g; works with any standards-based IEEE WLAN device.
- No need to install extra hardware; easy to scale, upgrade and maintain.
- Integrated services for authentication and public access management.
- Superior performance for demanding mission-critical applications, including voice and video.
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) quality of service (QoS) and voice prioritization ensure superior performance on mission-critical applications.
- Can be controlled with a wireless switch to enable central management from the NOC, and in the event of loss of connectivity, resumes functionality as a standalone access point.
- Engineered for safe use in hazardous environments commonly found in the petrochemical, oil and gas, and aerospace and utilities industries.
|Dimensions||12 in. L x 8.2 in. W x 3.55 in. H/305 mm L x 210 mm W x 89 mm H|
|Housing||AP 5181-13040-WWR Die cast aluminum alloy; NEMA 4X; IP66 AP 5181-1304C-WR Die cast aluminum alloy; IP66|
|Available Mounting Pole and wall mounting kit; Protective heavy weather|
|Configurations||mounting kit; Light pole power transformer kit|
|LEDs||4 back-mounted LEDs, indicating radio activity, power,adoption and errors|
|Uplink||2 ports (WAN, LAN) Auto-sensing 10/100Base-T|
|Ethernet||(No WAN port on AP 5181-1304C-WR)|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 131°F/-30°C to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°F to 185°F/-40°C to 85°C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% RH non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||8,000 ft./2438m @ 82°F/28°C|
|Storage Altitude||15,000 ft./4572m @ 53°F/12°C|
|Electrostatic Discharge||IEEE 61000-4-2, 20kV air, 8kV contact|
|Weather rating||IP56 weather-tight, NEMA 4X (See Housing)|
|Wind survivability||>170 mph, 148 knots (without antenna)|
|Wind loading (165 mph)||<60 lbs, 267 Newtons (without antenna)|
|Shock & vibration||MIL-STD-810F method 514 procedure 1|
|Transportation/Cargo||ASTM D775-80 D4169 level 3|
|Operating Voltage||48V DC|
|Integrated Power||-Over- 802.3af mid-span on LAN Port (AP 5181-13040-WWR only)|
|Ethernet Support||Available only on AP 5181-13040-WWR|
|Wireless Medium||Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) and Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM)|
|Network Standards||802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.3|
|Data Rates Supported||1, 2, 5.5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps|
|Operating Channels||Chan 36-165 (5180 – 5825 MHz); Chan 1-13 (2412-2472 MHz) Actual operating frequencies depend on|