AP 6511 802.11n WallPlate Access Point
The AP 6511 is expressly designed for one of the most challenging wireless LAN environments – dormitory and hotel guest rooms. Standard service personnel can install the AP 6511 in minutes, not hours, using existing category 5 or 6 cabling already in the walls. The installation is predictable and repeatable – two key reasons the AP 6511 will dramatically lower the installation time and cost of a room wireless LAN. The AP's sleek "hide in sight" design and minute size match the decor of any room. The AP 6511 includes intelligent self-optimizing Controller AP code, which allows a small property to gain the benefits of a central controller – automatic adoption, central configuration and status, and automatic RF management - without the cost of a dedicated RF switch. For larger properties and facilities, the AP 6511 can be managed by Motorola's WiNG-based RF switches for very high scalability and seamless integration with other indoor and outdoor 802.11n access points.
- Simplifies and reduces total cost of installation using standard Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
- Operates in either 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency bands to support 802.11b/g/n or 802.11a/n wireless LANs.
- Dual 3.5dBi gain antennas and 2x2 MIMO technology extend the performance and range for legacy and new 802.11n clients
- Supports fast, secure roaming and rate scaling. Pre-emptive roaming and load balancing are supported when connected to an RF Switch to increase reliability and network resilience.
- This unique multi-purpose device can execute and enforce the IDS/IPS security policies configured in the Motorola wireless switch, and can also be utilized as a 24x7 dedicated sensor with Wireless IPS from Motorola AirDefense solutions.
- Supports WMM-UAPSD and SIP Call Admission Control, for optimized VoWLAN performance, as well as video streaming and data throughput for 802.11 a/b/g/n clients.
- Designed to ‘hide in sight’ over any standard Cat5/6 structured wiring plate. The LEDs can be disabled by administrator command to further blend and disappear on the wall. There are no WiFi or WLAN markings so the unit is discreet and subtle.
- The mounting bracket features six unique hole patterns to match most any telecom plate worldwide. A keystone snap-in port provides a fast method to connect any secondary cabling behind the wall to the AP. If the snap-in port is not used for a secondary cable, it can be dedicated as a switched Fast Ethernet port. To further add modularity and flexibility in network design, a three port Fast Ethernet Module can be field installed via a snap-in access port.
- The AP 6511 supports voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) services, such as QoS, which ensures toll-quality even with many simultaneous VoWLAN calls on a single access point. Locationing services over 802.11 provide the ability to locate and track people or assets, and even to control access to the network or applications. In addition, the wireless hotspot provides a walled garden and forced portal page.
|Wi-Fi Standard:||IEEE 802.11n|
|ISM Minimum Frequency:||2.14 GHz|
|ISM Maximum Frequency:||2.47 GHz|
|UNII Minimum Frequency:||5.15 GHz|
|UNII Maximum Frequency:||5.85 GHz|
|Number of Antennas:||2|
|Antenna Gain:||3.5 dBi|
|Antenna Type:||Omnidirectional Antenna|
|Wireless Transmission Speed:||300 Mbps|
|Quality of Service (QoS)|
|Fast Ethernet Port:||Yes|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||2|
|Management & Protocols|
|Input Voltage:||48 V DC|
|Power Source:||AC Adapter|
|Form Factor:||Wall Mountable|
|Weight (Approximate):||12.00 oz|
|Certifications & Standards:||IEEE 802.11n|
|Green Compliance Certificate/Authority:||RoHS|