AUTOMATED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
SLOW MOVEMENT OF INVENTORY AND INVENTORY INFORMATION THROUGH THE RETAIL STORE
When a customer walks through your doors, they have chosen your retail store over other shopping options, including online stores and catalogs. In order to earn a sale and their repeat business, customers need to find the items they want, ready and waiting on the shelves of your store. Your ability to make sure your customers find what they want, when they want it, is dependent upon the efficiency of your inventory management processes. If you use manual paper-based processes in your store, you insert time and the opportunity for errors into your inventory management processes. Information is touched twice — first collected on paper and then entered into a spreadsheet or other program, where it is finally visible.
As a result, end-to-end inventory management processes move more slowly — orders and replenishment of shelves on the sales floor can be delayed, making out-of-stocks and lost sales more likely. And if a customer is looking for a specific item that you know is somewhere in the store, it can be harder if not impossible to locate. These inefficiencies ultimately reduce your ability to best serve your customers.
AUTOMATE END-TO-END INVENTORY MANAGEMENT WITH THE MC2100
The MC2100 mobile computer from Motorola Solutions allows retailers of all sizes to utilize bar code scanning to cost-effectively automate end-to-end inventory management. Now, small retailers with as few as five employees can affordably utilize the same mobile tools that large retailers use to greatly improve the efficiency and accuracy of inventory management.
Associates can simply scan a bar code to capture and access the information they need to complete the inventory management task at hand — they no longer need to write information down, take that paper to a computer and then look up or enter data. Now, in record time, store associates can move merchandise from ‘dock-to-stock’, prepare and ship orders and price products correctly. Paper-based errors that can lead to an out of stock and a lost sale are eliminated — no longer can associates accidentally write the wrong information down or mistakenly transcribe or mis-key data when entering it into the computer.
A variety of models allows the MC2100 to fit right into the technology environment you have today. You can choose from models that connect to an existing wireless LAN, or in the event you do not have a wireless network in your store, batch mode models allow associates to work offline and sync the data on the MC2100 with your business systems via Bluetooth or a cradle. Regardless of which model you choose, associates can capture and access data when and where they need it.
STREAMLINE EVERY ASPECT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Address your end-to-end inventory lifecycle needs
with this single affordable device:
With the MC2100, associates can rapidly and accurately process incoming shipments — you’ll no longer miss a sale because an item a customer wished to purchase was sitting in a box in the back room, waiting to be moved into stock. Now, a quick scan can instantly reconcile the shipment with the original order — the need to print paper orders that must be manually checked as items are unpacked is eliminated. In just seconds, the inventory is visible in your computer — and available for purchase
When workers can scan the bar codes on items and the shelf tag, merchandise is always stored in the right place and easy to find. False stockouts that can lead to a lost sale when items are placed on the wrong shelf are eliminated.
PICKING, PACKING AND SHIPPING
When associates can scan items they are selecting to fulfill an order, you can be assured that your customers receive the right items in every order, every time. The ample display on the MC2100 allows associates to easily crosscheck the name and address on the order with the name and address on the shipping label, ensuring that every order is sent to the right customer. The result? Orders can be fulfilled faster and more accurately, improving associate productivity as well as customer service and satisfaction.
A major aspect of inventory management is pricing. The MC2100 can automate and error-proof item- and shelf-level pricing
With bar code scanning, workers can rapidly complete an inventory of the items out on your sales floor. Based on the inventory levels of items on the shelves, you can automatically create and deliver an order directly to the MC2100 that details how many of each item to bring from the back to the front room. In the back room, associates can scan items to ensure they are selecting the right merchandise. Then they can scan the shelf tag on the sales floor before placing items on the shelves. The result? Shelves are always properly stocked — and the right products are always in the right place out on the sales floor.
With bar code scanning throughout your inventory management processes, you have more visibility into the whereabouts of your inventory because not only can you see the location of an item the last time it was scanned — but you are also capturing information more frequently on your inventory. As a result, you can locate items faster and easier, helping prevent lost sales.
- The many benefits you’ll realize from the MC2100 include:
- Increased productivity: By eliminating paper, associates can get more done in a day, freeing up more time to spend caring for customers.
- Reduced costs: The same number of associates can get more done in a day, helping control staffing costs.
- Reduced errors and real-time inventory visibility: Provides the timely and accurate information you need to place orders in time to prevent stock outs; provides faster and more accurate visibility into customer buying trends to help hone buying decisions, ensuring that the products you order are the products your customers want.
- Increased sales: The right items are always in stock and available when your customer is ready to buy.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Customers who shop in the store find your shelves stocked with the products they want to buy; associates have more time to address customer needs; associates can answer most questions on the spot — with bar code scanning, associates can quickly check stock on any item and with push-to-talk on the same device, associates can easily reach a manager or other associate to answer a customer question.
- Protects profitability: Prevents lost sales — the right items are on the shelf, ready and waiting for your customers; a misplaced item that a customer wants to purchase is easy to locate. Ensures items are properly priced — lost profits on the sale of improperly priced items is eliminated.