AP 6521 Motorola Wireless Access Point
The versatile, independent AP 6521 access point is designed to lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN). It enables controller-less operations at small to medium sites by serving as a virtual controller and coordinating the operation of up to 24 neighboring access points for mobility and QoS services. The access point features a MIMO radio, superior receive and transmit sensitivity, and a GigE WAN uplink port. The embedded WiNG 5 intelligence ensures that traffic is locally forwarded along the most efficient paths without sacrificing quality of service and security implemented at the access point itself.
- The AP 6521 is a versatile access point with the cost-efficiency of a single radio. With its WiNG 5 intelligence, this access point offers higher throughput along with direct forwarding, security, QoS services and site survivability.
- The SMART RF feature automatically optimizes power and channel selection so each user gets always-on high-quality access and mobility.
- Optimizes network availability through its central and pre-emptive intelligence, which dynamically senses weak or failing signals, securely moves user to alternate APs, and boosts signal power to ensure uninterrupted mobile user access.
- Includes layer 2-7 stateful packet filtering firewall, AAA RADIUS services, Wireless IPS-lite, VPN gateway, and location-based access control.
- Requires no configuration or manual firmware maintenance. The Motorola wireless controller discovers access points on the network and automatically downloads all configuration parameters and firmware, greatly reducing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting costs for Layer 2 and Layer 3 deployments.
- Device and network performance can be accelerated through a virtual LAN feature via the switch/controller. Each AP 6521 access point can be virtualized into four unique VLANs, which can be customized to direct broadcast traffic to the intended recipient. This reduces overall network traffic while improving device performance and battery life up to 25%. This also reduces the overall number of access points required to provide unique device services.
- Simplifies and reduces total cost of installation using standard Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
- Supports fast, secure roaming.
- This unique multi-purpose device can execute and enforce the IDS/IPS security policies configured in the Motorola wireless switch, and can also be utilized as a 24x7 dedicated sensor with Wireless IPS from AirDefense.
- Supports Call Admission Control for optimized VoWLAN performance, as well as video streaming and data throughput for 802.11a/b/g/n clients.
|Wi-Fi Standard:||IEEE 802.11n|
|ISM Minimum Frequency:||2.41 GHz|
|ISM Maximum Frequency:||2.47 GHz|
|UNII Minimum Frequency:||5.18 GHz|
|UNII Maximum Frequency:||5.83 GHz|
|Number of Antennas:||3|
|Antenna Gain:||3 dBi|
|Wireless Transmission Speed:||300 Mbps|
|Location-Based Access Control|
|Quality of Service (QoS)|
|Fast Ethernet Port:||Yes|
|Gigabit Ethernet Port:||Yes|
|10Gigabit Ethernet Port:||No|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||1|
|PoE (RJ-45) Port:||Yes|
|Management & Protocols|
|Management:||VLAN IEEE 802.1Q|
|Input Voltage:||57 V DC|
|Power Source:||AC Adapter|
|Form Factor:||Ceiling Mountable|
|Weight (Approximate):||2.00 lb|