Direct Part Marking PowerScan PD9530-DPM
Direct Part Marking (DPM) is a process that allows users to imprint a bar code directly on an item instead of printing the code on a paper label. Different technologies are available to directly mark objects: laser / chemical etching, dot peening and ink jet printing. Each of these methods has specific advantages and disadvantages in terms of durability, cost and ease of reading.
The PowerScan™ PD9530-DPM reader is a rugged handheld area imager specifically addressed and capable of reading codes marked with DPM.
The PowerScan PD9530-DPM imager includes the latest optics and software from Datalogic to make the reading of codes with DPM easy and intuitive. The typical reading distance is from contact to 4-5 cm / 1.5-1.9 in, depending on the DPM technology used, the code resolution, and the material and surface type. The scanner is also capable of reading standard bar codes printed on labels. It is based on a high density optic which allows the capture of very small, high-resolution codes in a range from near contact up to 15.0 cm / 5.9 in.
The intuitive aiming system allows the highest first-pass reading rate. Additionally, the PowerScan 9530-DPM area imager uses a soft-pulsed white illumination light resulting in reduced flashes, which is very gentle on users’ eyes.
Datalogic’s Motionix™ motion-sensing technology detects the natural actions of the operator to automatically switch the scanner into the desired scanning mode.
- Snappy omnidirectional reading from contact to over 1.0 m / 3.3 ft
- Highly visible 4-dot aimer with center cross for targeted scanning
- New ‘soft-pulsed white’ illumination light
- Datalogic’s 3GL™ (3 Green Lights) technology and loud beeper for good read feedback
- Ergonomic shape provides hours of tireless data collection for the user
- Supports any kind of DPM
- Supports 1D, stacked and 2D codes, postal codes and image capture
- Water and Particulate Sealing Rating: IP65